How often you have heard that ‘an apple a day, keeps the doctor away?’ Well, there are many other Healthiest fruits present in the nature that does much more than what an apple can do.
Here are the health benefits of the top 4 underrated Healthiest fruits that you must include in your diet daily, for promoting overall wellness:
Bananas are probably the most underrated Healthiest Fruits, largely because of the notion that it is fattening, however, overlooking the myth, bananas actually helps in release of serotonin which discharges the ‘feel good factor’ in your body and thus promotes weight loss by improving your efficiency in everything you do.
- As bananas are rich in pectin’s and Vitamin C, it aids in removal of heavy metal toxins and free radicals from your body. Thus, it also helps combating cancer.
- High fibre content in banana helps in smooth bowel movement and also helps in promoting the growth of good bacteria for better digestion.
- High potassium and Vitamin C & B6 content reduces the risks of cardiovascular diseases, hypertension and kidney stones.
- High tryptophan content help in boosting your memory.
- Additionally, they are a natural source of instant energy.
Free radicals present in our bloodstream are one of the main reasons for developing toxicity in our body that is responsible for giving birth to several lethal diseases. Grapes are one of the best sources of powerful antioxidants which delimit the effects of free radicals.
- Grapes contain polyphenols that may slow down the proliferation or growth of cancerous cells, especially that of mouth, pharynx, esophagus, lung, pancreas, colon and prostrate and are also helpful in controlling blood pressure.
- Quercitin in grapes help in reducing the risk of atherosclerosis and inflammation like hives.
- High fibre and potassium content checks heart health and regulates bowel.
- They are also helpful in reducing Type 2 diabetes and diabetic retinopathy.
- Promotes skin youthfulness (anti-ageing).
- Indian Gooseberry (or Amla)
Those who are fitness freak and have access to this rare fruit, definitely do not miss having at least 1- 2 amlas daily – as amla are proven to be a magical potion for fast and effective weight loss. Moreover, its high anti-oxidant properties have made it a strong contender in the labs for its potential to prevent cancer.
- Amla helps in increasing your metabolic rate; therefore with it, you should start shedding some weight even without exercise!
- High fibre content in amla juice helps in reducing bowel and digestive abnormalities.
- Vitamin C, Tannin and Polyphenol content in Amla boosts your immunity, purifies blood, cools the body, prevents jaundice, protects liver and removes free radical from your body.
- Besides, Amla also promotes growth of healthy hair and make your skin feel plum and fresh.
Papayas are a must if you are planning for an effective weight loss regime as they are sinfully very low in calories. These exotic fruits are probably the best known till date for reducing the risk of heart diseases, diabetes, cancer and blood pressure.
- As papayas are rich in fibre and water content, they help in checking both diarrhoea and constipation and also helps to regulate your bowel.
- Antioxidant Zeaxanthin in Papaya rejuvenates your skin and protects your eyes.
- High Beta Carotene content in Papaya possibly reduces the risk of colon and prostate cancer and is also helpful in preventing the risk of asthma.
- They are also rich in Vitamin K and Calcium and thus modify the bone matrix.
- Vitamin C, Chymopapain and Papain in Papaya are helpful in preventing ageing, promote healthy growth of bodily tissues and also helps in fast wound healing.